We aim to provide a safe and reliable service. However. We occasionally cannot run services, because of factors outside our control such as adverse weather conditions or unpredictable delays caused by traffic congestion, road works or diversions etc.
Conduct of Passengers
We reserve the right to refuse entry to you or require you to leave our buses or premises at any time. This will usually be either for reasons of safety or because of your conduct.
When travelling on our buses, you are subject to these Conditions. Failure to comply with these statutory regulations or those set out in these Conditions may result in us refusing to permit you to travel or to continue to travel.
In particular, you must:
- Not smoke at any time
- Behave in a manner that is not abusive or threatening and does not cause offence to other passengers or staff. Intending passengers who in the opinion of the driver appear likely to behave in an inappropriate manner may be not be permitted to travel.
- Refrain from eating and drinking items which make other passenger’s journey unpleasant or otherwise cause offence
- Follow the instructions of staff and act in a manner which shows due regard for the safety of your fellow passengers and members of staff, including not standing adjacent to emergency exits or the vehicle entrance next to the driver or sitting in gangways and similar locations
- Notify a member of staff immediately if you sustain an injury whilst boarding, travelling on or alighting from a bus
- Follow the directions of staff concerning the maximum number of passengers allowed on any bus.
- Except in an emergency, not talk to the driver whilst the bus is moving, obstruct the driver’s vision or otherwise distract them from their duties
Any passenger in contravention of these and other statutory regulations may be required to give their name and address to a member of staff, or may be restrained or removed from the bus or our premises by a member of staff, a Police Officer or a Community Security Officer at the request of a member of staff who may also refuse you further carriage, cancel your ticket without refund and take any other measures we consider necessary to protect the safety, wellbeing and comfort of our employees and other passengers.
Colin Logan (Transport Manager)